Sunday, March 21, 2010

MODULE 9 FLOW MAPS


I chose the Eckert projection as I wanted to try a non-rectangular projection, and something a little different. I liked how the curved lines of longitude gave more of a sense of connectedness between the continents, and I thought that they complimented the curved arrows well. The placements of the North arrow and the scale bar had to be done carefully as these are only correct if positioned on the prime meridian and the equator respectively. In retrospect, I think the legend may be redundant. This map has been the most fun to put together so far.

1 comment:

  1. Your map looks really great! I think you're right about the curved longitude lines complimenting the curved arrows. It looks good. Also, the lines for your arrows look really clean. I have a hard time with curved lines in Illustrator, yours look perfect. Nice map!

    ReplyDelete